Off-Campus Users, Distance Learners, and Remote Researchers

Access for all students, faculty, and staff of TAMU-CC & RELLIS

Access TAMU-CC’s articles and databases from home or off-campus

All our articles, databases, and journals are accessible no matter where you are. But, you have to sign-in with your IslandID first. Don't worry, if you're not already signed in, there will be prompts along the way.

Islander Pro Tip: If you're starting your initial search from anywhere besides the Bell Library’s webpages, your sign-in won't automatically grant you access, causing articles to appear unavailable.

Visit another university or public library in Texas and check-out books

If you're on campus, visit the Bell Library Circulation Desk and we'll issue you a TexShare Card allowing you to check out books, movies, and music from over 1,000 Texas libraries free of charge.

Can't make it to campus? Fill out our Distance Learning Form and we'll mail one to you.

Additional services

I need a PDF of an article or book chapter
Delivery Time: 1-4 days average

In addition to the scanning services available to all TAMU-CC students, faculty, and staff, qualifying distance learners who reside outside of the greater Corpus Christi metroplex can receive scans from Bell Library's Reserves collection.

I need a book or movie
Delivery Time: 4-12 days average
If you're a distance learner who resides outside of the greater Corpus Christi metroplex, you can have items from Bell Library’s Main Collection, and borrowed interlibrary loan materials, shipped directly to your home for free. We even supply a prepaid return label for when  done with the item.

Terms and Conditions
Upon placing your first loan request, a verification email will be sent to the address on file. You must respond to this email, confirming your mailing address and eligibility, before any items will be shipped.
You are responsible for loaned materials from the time they leave Bell Library until the time of their return. 
Distance Learners must reside within the contiguous United States to receive loans through this service.
Faculty on sabbatical or performing field work, and persons with disabilities, may also qualify for the service.